An unpleasant smile stems out due to various reasons, like discoloured teeth, spacing and crowding of teeth, fractured teeth or unpleasant gums.
A skillful blend of cosmetic science and art, helps your dentist “sculpt” or ‘design’ smile for you.
You are a candidate for Smile Design if:
- You have stained teeth or dicoloured fillings.
- Your teeth are crowded, overlapping or crooked.
- You have missing teeth/large gaps between teeth.
- Your teeth have uneven shape due to chipping, fractures or rough edges.
- Your teeth are uneven in length.
- If you have a gummy smile.
The various techniques employed in “Smile Design” are as follows :
CROWNS AND BRIDGES
Benefits of Smile Design
- It aligns the mal-aligned teeth
- It closes gaps between the teeth
- It can change the shape of your teeth
- It masks the intrinsic stains It can remove old discoloured restorations